Friday, January 20, 2012

I did it!


Sooo... I had been dreading going to this... But I did it! Not for reasons that may first come to your mind, BUT because I was scared I would cave and eat something that was Not on my plan! ~

I was invited by my sister in law to her Pampered Chef party. Usually I do not go to them, BUT it was my sister in law and I really needed to go and support my family and of course... I love to see all my friends and catch up with everyone, so I really wanted to go for that reason... BUT I didn't want to go because (anyone who knows Pampered chef you know its a ginormous Food party!) So I did what every normal human on a diet would do in this case.... Whine about it! I whined to myself, my husband, my cat, my coworkers... Myself some more... Then Chris (as any sweet darling husband would do) gave me some great (best friend)  advise "Suck it up and go! Its family! You just ate! You will be okay!"  I just looked at him and was like... Ha! Well Your Right!
So that was the end of my whining and the start of the reasoning in my head... Now if anyone has been in this situation or something similar before, you know what I mean about the reasoning in your head.... Its kinda like the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other shoulder routine... and as I was contemplating what to do (just in case someone should offer me food) I concluded... Shan... You got this! You can do this! You have come WAY TOO FAR ALREADY! .... So instead of dreading the party because of the food... I started thinking of ways I was going to enjoy the party!
Let me say here that ... Just because I'm on a diet I cannot let life pass me up! And neither can you! Sure there will always be something going on, like a special occasion, or something sugary or bready to eat... But really... do I want to eat something ... and start all over again? Ummm No! I have done that for too long! I cannot afford the "I will eat this, and start tomorrow" routine anymore.

So back to my story... I went to the Party and I did have a good time ( and Im so glad I didn't listen to the negative voices in my head) ... They make a chicken salad ring, and a butter finger cake, I had my water and didn't even think of taking a bite of anything. I actually used it to my advantage. I bought two items that I can use with my diet. :-) and remembered when my senses were alerted to the wonderful smells... that I was not hungry at all and that the brownie I had with cream cheese just a little while ago at home... was super good and filled my sweet tooth so I really wasn't even tempted... and do you know what else I realized when I got home from the party... Not only did I have a great time... and I got to see many wonderful friends I haven't seen in awhile and spend time with family... I did it! I did not cheat! AND I felt great! I finally did it!
I went somewhere (a party that is about kitchen gadgets and how to use them and make food.,..)
 and it was NOT about food for me! I did it!  and because of this ~ I feel like I made it to another phase in my life and weight loss!!! So excited I am! :-)

~ Shani

1 comment:

  1. I went to a pampered chef party last night and took a MF bar with me. No one gave me any grief! ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete