Thursday, January 19, 2012

A list of things

I was told when I was younger... you cant "wish" your life away... meaning... Saying "I wish this... or I wish that" will NOT change anything... the only thing that will change your life or circumstances is You... doing something about it... Being Proactive.

 So Today I want to talk about a list... do you have a list?
The Bible says that without a vision the people perish. .... When you have a list, you have a vision, and a rather clear one ~ of what your wants, goals, dream etc. are.
So I ask again... Do you have a list?
If not ~  Go ahead... Get a pen and a piece of paper and start writing down what you want out of life.. what you want to do with your life.
Now how can you accomplish these goals?
 Is it something physical? Like climbing to the top of Mt. Everest? What are you doing to see this happen? Are you walking? Eating right (good things for your body to give you the optimal health you need?)
maybe you have done all of this and you just need to buy your ticket?
How close are you to your goal?
Well if you have just only written it down on a piece of paper... Congratulations!
You are closer to your goal than you were when you started reading this post!
Keep your goals in front of you... (put it on the fridge.. or on your wall, wherever you can see it!) So that when you loose sight or don't want to count those carbs or calories, or you don't want to go for that class, or just want to stay in bed and NOT go to work or church... you will see it and it will motivate you to GO! DO! and See the Results!
One of my very favorite scriptures in the Bible is found in
Habakkuk 2:3
For the Vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. (KJV)
The Message Bible says;
This vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming-it can hardly wait. Its on its way. It will come right on time

Many times through out my life I have cried to the Lord... wished for this, for that... wondered when what was in my heart and mind would come to pass... After all He said He would give us the desires of our heart... and then I remember reading the verse before this one... and it was a revelation to me...

Habakkuk 2 vs.2 ~
And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon the
tables, that he may run that readeth it. (KJV)
The Message version says;
And then God answered: "Write this. Write what you see. Write it in big block letters so that it can be read on the run.

Okay so this tells me Not only to write down my vision (my dreams, my desires, goals etc.) But to make it big enough so that I can see it EVERYDAY... so that while I'm hoping/ praying for it... waiting on God for it, doing those exercises and eating right... I will NOT get discouraged nor will I be in despair... because I can always refer back to it... and see why I'm doing what I'm doing... (its my motivation, if you will) .... To see the Bigger Picture.
So I will ask you again... Did you write down your goals yet? If you have... did you put them somewhere you can always refer back to them?

Now the Big Question.... What are you doing to see it come to pass??? Praying a little more each morning? Running a little further each day? Measuring your food just a little better? Watching your diet a little more closely... reading your Bible just a little bit more?

Here are just a few of my goals I will share with you;

To get closer to Jesus this year and be a effective soul winner
To see my mom back in church
To see my kids serve the Lord with their whole heart
To go on more mission trips and take my husband to Africa

To be at my healthy weight in the 150's
To go backpacking in Europe
To go hanglinding and maybe bungee jumping...  :-)

JUST TO NAME A FEW

Do I have this written down somewhere... that I can read it... Yes I do and I can tell you I am doing everything possible on My part to see these happen.... AND one thing I can rest assured of... when I do my part... God will do His part for me... Because I am trusting Him with every part of my life!

Who are you trusting today? What will you do today that others aren't doing so you can see what others wont see because they didn't start doing? Don't be the one that didn't start doing something!!! Don't let your life pass you by on a "wish I woulda, coulda"

~ Shani

No comments:

Post a Comment